Tan Sri Dato' Haji Khalid bin Abdullah was born on 5th November
1922 in Seberang Perak, Alor Setar, Kedah. He started his early
education at the Seberang Perak Malay School, and then at the Sungai
Korok Malay School, Alor Setar. In 1934, he continued his education
at Mahmud College, Kedah.
- Director and Chairman of Julong Sdn. Bhd. (1987-1995)
- Director of Audit Committee, Pernas International Holdings Berhad
- Executive Chairman of Utusan Melayu (M) Bhd.
- Member of SABERKAS party (1948)
- Permanent Chairman, Kedah Utara UMNO Division
- Treasurer of UMNO, State of Kedah
- Trustee Chairman, Kedah State UMNO (1956)
- Deputy Head of Alor Setar UMNO Division (1962)
- Division Head, UMNO (1969)
- Deputy Chief, Kedah State UMNO Liaison Committee (1969)
- Senator and State Assembly Member for Alor Merah (1975-1980)
- State Executive Councillor of Kedah (1982)
- Member of UMNO Supreme Council (1985-1990)
Social and Professional Activities
- Chairman, Library Corporation of Kedah (1983)
- Chairman, Kedah State Museum
- President, Malay Association of Kedah
- President, Malay Chamber of Commerce of Kedah (1977-1995)
- Chairman, Al-Maahad Al-Mahmud Foundation
- Chairman, Madrasah Insaniah
- Deputy Chairman, Old Boys Association of Al-Maahad Al-Mahmud
In appreciation of his services and contributions, he was bestowed
several awards, both at state level as well as the national level.
Among the awards are the Dato' Setia DiRaja Kedah (D.S.D.K.) award,
the Justice of the Peace (J.P.) award, the Kesatria Mangku Negara
(K.M.N.) award and the Panglima Setia Mahkota (P.S.M.) award which
carries the title Tan Sri.