He was born on 26 June, 1909 in Baling, Kedah.
He had his education at the Ibrahim School, Sungai Petani and later
at the Inner Temple, London.
- Secretary of State (1 Jan 1958 - 22 Sept 1959)
- Chief Justice, the High Court
- Chief Justice, Malaya (June 1966)
- Federal Court Judge
- The Lord President (10 Sept 1968)
- Chairman, British American Life & General Insurance
- Chairman, Unitata Sdn. Bhd
- Chairman, MARA Education Foundation
- Chairman, Film Censor Appeal Committee
In appreciation of his contributions, he was
awarded with several honorary medals and titles. Among them were
the S.S.M., P.M.N., P.S.B., Dato' Paduka Mahkota Kedah, (D.P.M.K.)
and the Pingat Jasa Kebaktian, (P.J.K.).