Dato' Hj. Ahmad Abdullah was born on 14 December 1949 in Alor Star,
Kedah. His primary education started at Sekolah Kebangsaan Seberang
Perak in 1957 until 1960. In 1961, he joined the Special Malay Class
at Iskandar Primary School for two years. In 1962, he continued
his secondary education at Sultan Ismail College, Kota Baru, Kelantan.
Due to some unforeseen circumstances , he came back to Kodak and
continued his education at Sultan Abdul Hamid College until 1969.
In 1971, he was offered a place at University of Malaya and graduated
in 1974 with a Bachelor of Economics degree in Administration.
- Administrative Officer Cadet (1974)
- Assistant District Officer Community Development (1975)
- Assistant District Officer Kuala Muda Land Office (1975-1976)
- Kedah State Economic Planning Unit (1977-1981)
- Assistant District Officer Padang Terap District (1982-1983)
- Secretary Kota Star Municipal Council (1983-1987)
- Chief Assistant Kedah State Secretary (Development)
- Land Administrator Baling District
- Secretary Kedah Religious Department
- District Officer, Pendang
- Deputy State Financial Officer
- District Officer, Kulim
- Districts Officer, Kota Star
- Deputy Kedah State Secretary (Administration)
Involvements in Social and Professional
- Founding member of ABIM kEdah
- Founding Member of Sekolah Maahad Tarbiah Islamiah, Derang
- Member of Development Bureau Maahad Tarbiah Islamiah, Derang
In recognition of his achievements and contributions, he was bestowed
the medal Bintang Cemerlang Kedah (B.C.K), Ahli Mahkota Kedah (A.M.K),
Setia DiRaja Kedah (S.D.K), and Dato' Setia Diraja Kedah (D.S.D.K).