Tuan Haji Abdul Rahman was born in Kampong Banggol Besi, Pendang,
Kedah on 11 February, 1951. He began his schooling at the Tanah
Merah National School, Pendang and later at Pendang Secondary School.
He continued his studies at the Sultan Abdul Halim Secondary School
in Jitra, Kedah. He was accepted to study at the University of Malaya
where he graduated in 1976.
- Diplomatic Administrative Officer and served as Assistant District
Officer, Kuala Lumpur (1975)
- Assistant Budget Secretary, The Treasury, Malaysia (1975)
- Joined the Kedah Civil Service, Kedah (KCS)
- Assistant Collector of Land Revenue, Kota Setar.
- Assistant District Officer, Pendang(1976)
- Assistant Secretary of State A (1982)
- Secretary, State Legislative Assembly (1983)
- Assistant Secretary of State, Local Government Branch (1985)
- Secretary to the Kedah Menteri Besar(1987)
- President, Kuala Muda Municipal Council (1990)
- Principal Assistant, Secretary of State (Services Branch) (1991)
- District Officer, Sik
- President, Kulim Municipal Council
- President, Sungai Petani Municipal Council
Tuan Haji Rahman was awarded several honorary medals for his contributions.
Among them are the P.P.J.P, B.C.K, A.M.K and S.D.K.