The main challenge for the Kedah Darul Aman State
in the Kedah Maju 2010 Action Plan is to ensure that the people
of Kedah Darul Aman can enjoy a level of development that guarantees
comfort and prosperity. The "growth with equity" approach
to achieve a holistic and balanced development, and the focus on
long-term growth will ensure the achievement of this goal. Four
items which are emphasized for balanced development are:
||To achieve GDP growth rate of 15
||To re-distribute the state's wealth
accrued as a result of economic development fairly amongst all
in the society.
||To develop human resources that are
knowledgeable for long-term economic development and global
competitiveness as well as create a society that is patriotic,
resilient and moral.
||(4) To carry out physical balanced
development throughout the state towards robust development
to ensure the environment and natural resources are preserved
for future generations.
Four (4) core strategies have been identified as performance drivers
for the Kedah Maju 2010 Vision as follows:
- To develop a dynamic, progressive, resilient and competitive
- endeavour to achieve a GDP growth rate of 15% annually.
- Focus on the industrial, ICT, tourism, agriculture and infrastructure
- Foster the formation of "Knowledge Economy".
- Human Resources Development.
- To implement balanced development and form a just and fair society
- eradicate poverty amongst the poorest groups and reduce
- Encourage Bumiputera participation in the main economic
- Establish a development corridor encompassing undeveloped
- Increase infrastructural facilities, utilities and rural
- Develop an integrated Entrepreneurial Development Plan.
- Increase environmental monitoring and pollution control.
- Increase sensitivity towards the value of the environment
amongst the younger generation.
- To establish a Knowledgeable and Resilient Society:
- Enhance the quality of life of the people.
- Increase educational facilities.
- Encourage life-long learning.
- Encourage the nurturing of a caring society.
- Nurture spiritual and moral development amongst the youth.
- Prepare housing, recreational and sports facilities.
- To strengthen the administrative machinery to implement the
Kedah Maju 2010 Development Plan:
- Establish Electronic Government to increase efficiency.
- Enhance development planning machinery of the state.
- Prepare training and equipment facilities.
- Fortify the state financial position.
Visit Kedah Maju Website for more information